Our Sunday School is designed to carry out the Great Commission by sharing the love of Jesus through reaching, teaching, and ministering to people.
Reaching – Teaching – Ministering – Loving
Due to COVID-19, we are presently holding 3 Sunday School classes.
One is in the Sanctuary. This group is being lead by by David Fowler and studying the “Explore the Bible” curriculum.
Another is in the fellowship hall. This group is being lead by Lethea Parker, and is studying the “Bible Studies for Life” curriculum.
The third is our children. Beginning this Sunday, August 30th, they will be meeting for Sunday School in the “Kid’s Zone” area, and then rejoining their parents for worship service. This group will be lead by Gail Woods and Beverly Breazeale.
Classes for all age groups: nursery through adults
Meeting time: 9:45 each Sunday morning
Our Sunday School Ministry Aims
• A great Bible study experience every week.
• A safe non-threatening environment in which everyone can share in confidence.
• Clean and well equipped rooms free of clutter and distractions.
• An environment in which newcomers feel welcome and at ease.
• Well trained leaders equipped with the proper resources and materials.
• An atmosphere in which everyone is respectful and sensitive.
Our Biblical Basis:
• The Great Commission: “As you go make disciples…” Matthew 28:19-20.
Make disciples by reaching people for salvation and church membership and teaching them to obey Jesus’ commandments.
• The Great Compassion: “When He saw the crowds, He felt compassion for them” Matthew 9:36.
Raise up compassionate leaders who will train the saints to minister as they daily enter the Lord’s harvest.
• The Great Commandment: “love God … love your neighbor…” Matthew 22:37-40.
Lead our people to love God with all their being and share the love of Jesus with everyone they meet.
Come Join Us — Help Us Make Our Sunday School Great
Ken Dover, Minister of Education