History of Arial Baptist Church
In 1928 -29 as the Arial Plant of Alice Manufacturing Company was being built along with the houses for its employees, Christian families were moving into the village.
Arthur J. Rampey along with others began canvassing the community to find those interested in having a church. Those interested met in the top story of the community store and on June 2, 1929, the Arial Baptist Church was organized with thirty-one charter members and eleven others under the watchcare of the church.
Later in 1929, the owners of the mill, Mr. and Mrs. A. F. McKissick build a church across from the mill village in memory of their daughter and mother. The building was used jointly by the Methodist and Baptist for twenty years. Following the desire for a full time ministry, Arial Baptist members built a new church in the center of the village on land donated by Mr. Ellison McKissick. This new building was dedicated on November 6, 1949, when Rev. Marion Hudgens was pastor.
On June 11, 1950, a revival began with Rev. Lloyd Pace doing the preaching. Over one hundred people accepted the Lord as Saviour and ninety-one of those were baptized in the pool near the Scout hut. Many of those joined Arial Baptist and others joined other churches in the community.
The church continued to grow and in August of 1964, it was noted that the membership had grown from thirty-one charter members to four hundred eighty members.
In 1978, because of the need for more space, land was purchased on Rice Road. Dedication and ground breaking for the new building was held on October 12, 1980. The first service was held in the new, present building on Sunday, November 22, 1981.
Arial Baptist Church, a member of the Southern Baptist Convention and associated with the Piedmont Baptist Association, is committed to serving the community, supporting missions, honoring God, and making disciples.